Monday 6 August 2012

It's Monday. What are you reading? 06 Aug 2012


It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey to outline what you have been reading and what you plan to read this week.











I know I have been a bit quiet recently but it's been with good reason as I have been frantically trying to get my work done so I can go on holiday! Yep two more days and I will be sunning myself in the beautiful island of Rarotonga. My blog will be able to live up to it's name! ;)

I will keep this relatively brief because of that reason. I am currently reading The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (Anne Bronte) but I don't think I'm going to finish it before I head overseas and I don't feel like it's quite the right book to take with me.

Instead I'm looking at taking I Capture The Castle (Dodie Smith) and The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood).

What do you think - are they good beach reads? I like a book that I can get lost in and has a bit of depth but does allow me to jump in and out of the story without getting confused as to where I was. Would these two books fit into that category? I'm not sure if Atwood is the best one to take. Interested to know your thoughts.

I also stopped off at my favourite second hand book shop and picked up these titles


A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving)
Never Let Me Go (Kazuo Ishiguro)
A Suitable Boy (Vikram Seth)
A Widow for One Year (John Irving)

Maybe one of these would be better for my trip? Although I don't think I'm going to attempt to get a brick like A Suitable Boy into a suitcase! What do you think? What should I take on holiday with me?!

Other options for a holiday book include:

The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver)
Wolf Hall (Hilary Mantel)
The Lacuna (Barbara Kingsolver)

I will be offline for about a week and a half but I promise to upload at least one beach snap for you to get jealous over.