Wednesday 31 October 2012

Goodreads Choice Awards 2012 Opening Round Announced

So the Opening Round has been announced. You can check it out and vote here http://www.goodreads.com/choiceawards/best-books-2012

So how were my predictions?

Best Fiction included The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. Hilary Mantel's Bring Up the Bodies made it into the Best Historical Fiction which is the prediction I was most confident about. The Secret Keeper also made it into that genre. And Fifty Shades made it into both Best Romance and Best Goodreads Author.

Let's Pretend This Never Happened was included in Best Humor although I also wish I had predicted Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops. I'm so pleased that book made the Opening Round. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. And finally Young Adult Fiction had The Fault in Our Stars.

Which means (drum roll please...) that 6 out of 9 of predictions hit the mark. Not bad!