Monday 31 October 2011

It's Monday. What are you reading? 31 Oct 2011

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey to outline what you have been reading and what you plan to read this week.









Happy Halloween everyone! It's not such a big ocassion here in NZ but I know those of my readers in America will be busy getting their costumes ready and hitting the streets trick or treating!

A lot has happened since my last It's Monday post. I have written up my review for To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) which of course was a great book. I also wrote up a review for Inconceivable (Ben Elton) which wasn't such a great book...

I also grabbed a non-fiction from my local library which I have been wanting to read called In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto (Michael Pollan) which was really interesting so I'll write up some details on that one this week.

For this week I'm still reading Fall of Giants (Ken Follett) which as you know is rather large (nearly 1000 pages) so can only read when I'm at home. Really enjoying it though. And I've also just started The Housekeeper and The Professor (Yoko Ogawa) asI love translated fiction and this one sounds so interesting about a housekeeper who is looking after a professor who due to an accident only has eighty minutes of short-term memory.

That's it for now but there is plenty more waiting in the wings.