Wednesday 26 October 2011

Book Club Borrowings 25 Oct

Last night was book club! Where a group of my fabulous friends get together and drink wine and chat.. oh and talk about books of course, after which we share these fantastic books amongst us. This month I had the pleasure of hosting and it was wonderful to see everyone.

This month I was very careful not to take too many as I still have books from the previous month that I haven't read yet.


So this time I only grabbed two. Wide Sargasso Sea (Jean Rhys) is the untold story of the wife of Mr Rochester from Jane Eyre. I fell in love with Jane Eyre when I read it recently and so I'm really looking forward to trying this follow up and it should be an interesting take on one of the characters. I also grabbed Affinity (Sarah Waters) as my friend likes her as an author but I haven't read anything of hers so thought this was a good one to try.

Happy reading everyone!