Wednesday 21 September 2011

Book Club Borrowings 20/09

Last night was book club! Where a group of my fabulous friends get together and drink wine and chat.. oh and talk about books of course, sharing fantastic books around the group. This month we had a guest appearance from one of my friends who has just moved back from London who we all missed so it was awesome to see her there.

I was pretty lucky in the books that I borrowed. I took a few more than expected but that's usually the case at book club.


So this month I have the enormous hardback that is Fall of Giants (Ken Follett) set during the first world war. I loved his other books; Pillars of the Earth and World without End, and although I know Fall of Giants hasn't been getting very good reviews I haven't read a lot of books about the first world war so I'm really interested to read it. The Lollipop Shoes (Joanne Harris) aka The Girl with No Shadow (US edition) is the sequel to Chocolat which was such a nice book. Angela's Ashes (Frank McCourt) is a book I have seen around a lot but actually didn't know that much about. I was surprised to find out it is set in Ireland so I'm really looking forward to reading it. Botswana Time (Will Randall) looks like it will be a fun light read, always a good option for breaking up longer books. And finally the one I'm most excited about, To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee). I honestly do not know how I haven't read this book yet but I have it now so can't wait to read it and it will be another one to cross off my 100 book challenge list.

Happy reading everyone!