Monday 30 April 2012

It's Monday. What are you reading? 30 April 2012

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey to outline what you have been reading and what you plan to read this week.



Been a busy week getting back from overseas and settling back in at home. Finishing off The Woman in White (Wilkie Collins) for the readalong. So will be posting the last update soon. Then I'm trying to decide what to read next. I think it will be The Red Tent (Anita Diamant) about the daughter of Jacob from the Book of Genesis, followed by either Little Women (Louisa May Alcott) or To the Lighthouse (Virigina Woolf) or maybe both? Who knows. I think I'll be grabbing whatever takes my fancy.

I have also acquired quite a few books in the past couple of weeks. I stopped in at my favourite bookshop in Ngatea on my way to the airport the week before last, plus I bought a couple of books from Oscar and Friends in Sydney (best little book shop ever!) and I ordered a couple online. So here are all the new additions to my bookshelf:

From Oscar and Friends in Sydney
Beautiful copies of Oliver Twist (Charles Dickens) and 1984 (George Orwell)










From the Second Hand Shop
Gallows Thief (Bernard Cornwell)
Antony & Cleopatra (Colleen McCullough)
The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood)
Middlesex (Jeffrey Eugenides)
Wolf Hall (Hilary Mantel)
A Dangerous Vine (Barbara Ewing)
And a hardback version of Rebecca (Daphne Du Maurier)








Ordered Online
To the Lighthouse (Virginia Woolf)
Mrs. Dalloway (Virginia Woolf)