Wednesday 3 August 2011

Book Club Borrowings 03/08

Last night was my monthly book sharing club with my friends where we share and review books. Books here are so expensive it's a great way to get your hands on more than you may normally can afford and to try books you wouldn't normally pick off the shelf.


I borrowed 4 books from last nights meet up. The one I am most excited about is The Help (Kathryn Stockett) as I have been wanting to read it for weeks now and my friend said she had it and would be happy to bring it to lend out. Yay! Next up is The Road (Cormac McCarthy) which is not the type of book I normally read as I can find post-apocalyptic stories too depressing but I'm willing to give this one a chance. Then I borrowed The Song of Troy (Colleen McCullogh) about the story of Helen and Troy and finally tuesdays with Morrie (Mitch Albem) a true story about Mitch Albem who gets back in contact with his mentor of 20 years previous, his professor Morrie Schwartz who is dying of ALS (motor neuron disease) and they start meeting up every Tuesday again like they used to in college.

I'm looking forward to all of them! But mainly The Help which I have already started even though I was supposed to read Jane Eyre next :)