Thursday 25 August 2011

Wednesday New Read Roundup 24 August 2011

I was out of town yesterday for work so I'm a day late posting my Wednesday roundup but I'm pleased to say it's nice and short this week as I was starting to get a little worried at how quickly my list was growing.

See my full To-Read list at goodreads.com.
  1. My first one for this week isn't actually from a blogger. I received an update from goodreads to let me know that a new book from one of my favourite authors is being released! Yay. Barbara Ewing is a UK based author but was born in New Zealand (go NZ!). I have read The Mesmerist and The Fraud and absolutely loved both of them. I hope to make my way through all of her novels and now the follow up to The Mesmerist called Circus of Ghosts is out. Definitely need to get my hands on this one.
  2. Suite Francaise (Irène Némirovsky) is two pieces of work from an unfinished work that unfortunately was never completed as the author died in Auschwitz in 1942. Reviewed by Thinking About Loud I was skim reading this review thinking it wasn't for me and by the end of it I was entranced so onto my list it goes.
A nice quiet week.

Circus of GhostsSuite Francaise

If you want to create your own new read roundup post feel free to do so and post the link to your blog in the comments below. Happy reading everyone!