Monday 22 August 2011

It's Monday. What are you reading? 22 August 2011

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey to outline what you have been reading and what you plan to read this week.










Bossypants. Tina FeyJane Eyre (Penguin Classics) By Charlotte BrontëHmm. What am I reading?! Well actually pretty much what I was reading last week. Shocking aye?! Well there is a reason for that really. I am in the middle of reading Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte) for my 100 book challenge and lets be honest you really can't rush Jane Eyre. I can't help but find myself re-reading passages and flipping to and from the notes section of the book (which I am very thankful for as there is quite a lot of French in this book and I'm very pleased there are translations for me). But so far I am loving it!

Also I'm almost finished Bossypants which I'm listening to as an audio book on the bus on my way into work in the mornings so I'll have a review up for that one within the next couple of days.








14 comments:

  1. I re-read Jane Eyre this year and I totally agree - you cannot rush Charlotte Bronte at all.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bossypants sounds like a really fun read. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Jane Eyre and re-read it every year. Enjoy. Have a lovely week.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-53.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great that you're savouring Jane Eyre? That's about quality, not quantity. Have fun with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Jane Eyre cover, I've got the collection :)

    Here's my "It's Monday! What are you reading?" post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing your review of Bossypants. I've heard mixed reviews so far. I really need to read Jane Eyre again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm slowly making my way through War and Peace, though I didn't read a single page this week.

    Here's my post for this week: It's Monday! What Are You Reading? And don't forget to sign up for the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just realized there is a new Jane Eyre movie out. I love the book which makes me almost afraid to watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Jane Eyre, and keep hoping to revisit it sometime. As for Bossypants, I've heard it's hilarious! I need to pick that on audio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bossypants is so awesome! Have a greta week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember reading Jane Eyre many years ago and loved it under. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you're done with Jane Eyre, I recommend reading Jane Bites Back. There's some tongue and cheek rivalry between Bronte and Austen in it.

    The best book I read last week was Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder. Please come see what I finished and what's up next.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmmm, I absolutely love Jane Eyre, that's one I wish I could read again for the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jane Eyre has been sitting on my shelf for years now :) can't find th courage to pick it up. hopping back!

    ReplyDelete