Monday 8 August 2011

It's Monday. What are you reading? 08 Aug 2011

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey to outline what you have been reading and what you plan to read this week.










Jane EyreThe HelpI have almost finished The Help (Kathryn Stockett), in fact I have only a couple of chapters left so I can't wait to get home from work tonight and finish it. You may have noticed that I missed the memes I usually post on Thursday/Friday last week. I was too busy reading! I've been hanging out to read this book for ages and I finally got a hold of it at book club last week. So of course I couldn't help myself but read it straight away and put Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte) from my 100 book challenge off till the next book. So I'll be starting that one right after I finish. I'm a little disappointed as I have found my second hand copy has tonnes of highlighting and notes written on the pages by the previous owner which I didn't notice when I purchased it. I find it highly distracting and simply from a personal opinion I could never write all over a book, it feels too much like vandalism or something. So hopefully it doesn't become too distracting for me. I guess I've learned my lesson - always check through the pages of second hand classics!








10 comments:

  1. I loved The Help and sounds like you have too. A pity about the vandalism - I could never do that either - hope you still manage to enjoy this great story.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two excellent books, enjoy them, even with the writing and highlighting.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked The Help and am looking forward to seeing the movie. I have never read Jane Eyre, I'm not a big fan of the classics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people have read The Help. I suppose I should get that one.

    Here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Help and can't wait to see the movie. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Help and Jane Eyre - you can't go wrong with reading like that =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two of my favourites there - I felt totally bereft when I finished The Help and wished I could wipe my brain clean and start it again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked the Help and while I think it will make a good movie I always get nervous that the film won't be good enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Help has been sitting in my book shelf for what seems like forever. I told myself I wont see the movie until I read the book.Here's hoping.

    Ohh, I do enjoy a good classic reading challenge. Not a big fan of Jane Eyre though, good luck and happy Monday!
    -Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty cover on Jane Eyre. I want to listen to the audio version of The Help. I've been so busy having fun with my kids and doing homework, that I've hardly taken any time to read. Come see what I did finish and why I'll be reading even less this week!

    ReplyDelete