Monday 5 September 2011

It's Monday. What are you reading? 05 September 2011

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey to outline what you have been reading and what you plan to read this week.









Last week I finished two books; Jane Eyre (Charlotte Brontë) which I LOVED and you can check out my review here and that was followed up by The Road (Cormac McCarthy) which I wasn't so fond of but you can see the full details in my review.





Next up I need something a bit lighter and more fun so I have picked an adventure tale and I'm reading The Amber Spyglass (Philip Pullman), the last in the Dark Materials trilogy and along with being a book lent by a friend which I really need to read so I can give it back to her is luckily also on my 100 book challenge list. I'm really looking forward to reading the end of this series.











10 comments:

  1. Nice job with Jane Eyre... I really must get through that book some day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read either one; keep thinking I need to try Pulliam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just joined up to follow you - looks like we might have similar taste in books. I read Jane Eyre for the first time this year and fell in love, its one of my favourite books of all time now. I also read The His Dark Material trilogy for the first time this year. I had mixed feelings about it, but overall I really enjoyed it. The Road I have to admit I didn't enjoy, but then people either seem to love it or hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Jane Eyre either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to reread Jane Eyre...it's been many years since I read it. Lately I've been drawn to rereads, as well as new books.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you've chosen something a little lighter to read this week as last week's reads were definitely on the heavier side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Jane Eyre!!!

    Happy Reading This Week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been hesitant to read The Road because I think it might be too dark for my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooooove Jane Eyre. I have that exact same edition, and it's wonderful! I also wasn't that fond of The Road - so glad to see I'm not the only one, as everyone else seems to have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! i think i'll just watch the movie tie ins of these books :)

    hopping back, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete